Goal 1 - Programming and Operations
Continuously improve operations to deliver sustainable and impactful programming that helps each participant maximize their individual potential.
- Evaluate current program services and explore new offerings which will optimize existing resources while providing participants with enhanced experiences.
- Standardize and implement operating procedures.
- Advance evaluation practices to better validate program outcomes.
- Develop and improve personnel practices to maintain a positive work culture.
- Create and implement succession plans for current staff positions.
- Review volunteer recruitment and retention efforts.
Goal 2 - Infrastructure
Human and equine resources, facilities, and technology will support current and future programming.
- Evaluate capacity and constraints to future growth in all areas and respond by developing and implementing optimal infrastructure.
- Explore the need for additional staff to fulfill the mission.
Goal 3 - Resources
Create a sustainable financial model to support program growth and innovation into the future.
- Analyze present and projected expenses to identify and implement effective use of resources.
- Develop recommendations to address funding needs.
- optimization of the fee structure and scholarship policies
- expansion of fund development efforts
- identification of new revenue generating activities
- Prepare for and execute a capital campaign to fund the development of a future expansion.
Goal 4 - Governance
Create a governance structure which supports a strong and diversified board to provide the leadership necessary to fulfill our mission.
- Examine current structure, diversity, policies and practices of the Board and committees to ensure that the composition and activities of the Board are aligned with the needs and values of the organization.
- Develop a culture of philanthropy within the board and staff through:
- strengthening fundraising expectations for the board and providing training to meet those expectations
- creating relationships that attract supporters to the organization
- a culture of storytelling
- donor stewardship
- enhancing staff awareness through training